Live Bliksemontladingen

De teller in het icoon met het onweersbuitje geeft live het actuele aantal bliksemontladingen uit onze regio weer. De dekking ligt in een vierkant om Nederland en België, waardoor er ook data van rondom Parijs, op de Noordzee en uit een deel van Duitsland wordt weergegeven.

Ontladingen

De ontladingen kun je terugvinden op de Google Maps kaart onderaan de pagina. Deze worden nog niet live bijgewerkt, voor de meest actuele ontladingen ververs je de pagina. De iconen op de kaart lopen in kleur van Geel naar Rood, waarbij Geel een 'nieuwe' ontlading is en Rood een 'oude'.

Geluid

De teller maakt geluid als het aantal bliksemontladingen verhoogt. Dus, bij een update van 0 naar 1 hoor je geluid. Je kunt dit uitschakelen met het luidspreker icoontje in de balk hierboven.

Data © Blitzortung.org / Lightningmaps.org
nl
StormTrack Beta
Inloggen
Heb je nog geen account? Dan kun je er hier eentje aanmaken!
De Bilt

Geen onweer in de buurt
Nu Live

NWS: Severe Thunderstorm Warning uitgegeven voor Geary, KS; Riley, KS.

25 Apr 2024 18:33:05

NWS: Severe Thunderstorm Warning uitgegeven voor Mitchell, KS; Osborne, KS.

25 Apr 2024 16:54:56

NWS: Severe Thunderstorm Warning uitgegeven voor Pulaski, AR; Saline, AR.

25 Apr 2024 15:44:24

NWS: Severe Thunderstorm Warning uitgegeven voor Cloud, KS; Republic, KS.

25 Apr 2024 15:29:41

NWS: Severe Thunderstorm Warning uitgegeven voor Perry, AR; Pulaski, AR; Saline, AR.

25 Apr 2024 15:29:40

NWS: Severe Thunderstorm Warning uitgegeven voor Jewell, KS; Mitchell, KS.

25 Apr 2024 15:10:59

NWS: Severe Thunderstorm Warning uitgegeven voor Conway, AR; Perry, AR; Pope, AR.

25 Apr 2024 15:10:59

NWS: Severe Thunderstorm Warning uitgegeven voor Cloud, KS.

25 Apr 2024 14:46:01

NWS: Severe Thunderstorm Warning uitgegeven voor Conway, AR; Perry, AR; Pope, AR; Yell, AR.

25 Apr 2024 14:46:01

NWS: Severe Thunderstorm Warning uitgegeven voor Jewell, KS; Smith, KS; Webster, NE.

25 Apr 2024 14:46:00

NWS: Severe Thunderstorm Warning uitgegeven voor Phillips, KS; Smith, KS; Franklin, NE; Webster, NE.

25 Apr 2024 14:25:25

NWS: Severe Thunderstorm Warning uitgegeven voor Phillips, KS; Smith, KS; Franklin, NE; Harlan, NE; Webster, NE.

25 Apr 2024 14:12:34

NWS: Severe Thunderstorm Warning uitgegeven voor Jewell, KS; Mitchell, KS.

25 Apr 2024 14:08:32

NWS: Severe Thunderstorm Warning uitgegeven voor Jewell, KS; Mitchell, KS; Osborne, KS; Smith, KS.

25 Apr 2024 13:44:40

NWS: Severe Thunderstorm Warning uitgegeven voor Osborne, KS; Smith, KS.

25 Apr 2024 13:10:13
Actueel
1 / 4

Het Winter Discussietopic

Lees en schrijf mee!

Wateroverlast

Hoogwater in Frankrijk, Engeland en de Benelux

Wintervoorspellingen 2023/24

Kunnen we al iets zeggen over de winter?

Kou in Noord-Europa

Zelfs -44,3 in Finland

Kies een plaats
Beschikbare Plaatsen:
Welke meldingen wil je ontvangen?

Je kunt hieronder aangeven welke notificaties je wil ontvangen in 'Nu Live'. Standaard ontvang je alle notificaties, wil je een bepaald type melding niet langer ontvangen? Vink dan het vinkje uit. Je keuze wordt automatisch opgeslagen.

Nu Live
Welkom op onweer-online.nl! Als je je nog niet hebt geregistreerd, meld je dan nu aan op de leukste en grootste weercommunity van Nederland. Heb je al een account, log dan hier in.
Marga
Lid
28 april 2007, 11:04 uur | Bericht #2338

The tremor has registered a magnitude of 4.7

An earthquake with a magnitude of at least 4.7 has shaken householders in parts of Kent.

The fire service has received calls from people in the Deal and Folkestone areas reporting large cracks in house walls and chimneys falling down.

The tremor at 0818 BST, which lasted a few seconds, was felt as far afield as Essex, East Sussex and Suffolk.

Eyewitness Lorraine Muir said: "We've been evacuated by the Sally Army, we've got no gas or electricity."

A website for the US Geological Survey, which monitors earthquakes, said the tremor had a magnitude of 4.7.

It believes the epicentre of the tremor was located 15 miles (25km) south of Canterbury and had a depth of 6.2 miles (10km).

A Eurostar spokesman said everything was "running normally" on the Channel Tunnel.

Sharon Hayles, from Stanford near the Eurotunnel terminal at Folkestone, said her house slid from side to side for about 10 to 15 seconds.

Violent shaking

Another Folkestone man told BBC Five Live Breakfast that his whole house "shook quite violently".

Paul Smye-Rumsby, who lives in Dover, said: "It was about 08.15 when suddenly the bed shook violently.

"I thought my wife had got cramp or something but then I saw the curtains were moving and the whole house was shaking. It lasted about 1.5 seconds.

"All the power is off and we have got the portable radio on. People are standing outside talking to each other about it."

©BBC
Every cloud has a silver lining
Marga
Lid
28 april 2007, 11:05 uur | Bericht #2339
Earth tremors of a magnitude of 4.7 have been felt in the Folkestone area of Kent.

Here, residents describe their experiences.

KAROL STEELE, DOVER

Just before the earth shook there was a deep rumbling noise and the whole of our street shook in an east-west motion.

The seagulls went crazy and in parts of Dover the electricity is off.

LT COL SYDNEY CARR, DEAL

I have experienced an earthquake in Cyprus and the tremors this morning were definitely similar, I would estimate an earthquake of about three to four.

HENDRICK VAN ECK, CANTERBURY

I was lying in bed and it felt as if someone had just got up from bed next to me.

I then heard the sound of cracking, and it was getting heavier and heavier. It felt as if someone was at the end of my bed hopping up and down.

I thought 'That must have been earthquake'. It didn't last very long, just a matter of seconds.

©BBC
Waarom deze advertentie?
Marga
Lid
28 april 2007, 14:54 uur | Bericht #2342

An earthquake with a magnitude of at least 4.3 has shaken parts of Kent, damaging buildings and disrupting electricity supplies.

Emergency services have received reports of structural damage including cracked walls and fallen chimneys in Folkestone and nearby areas.

The British Geological Survey said the tremor, which occurred at 0819 BST, had its epicentre out in the Dover Straits.

It said it was the largest quake in the UK since the one in Dudley in 2002.

EDF Energy said it had managed to restore electricity to most of the several thousand homes left without power in the Folkestone and Dover area.

Scottish and Southern Energy, which supplies gas to the area, said it was investigating 300 "possible gas escapes".

"Obviously there is a smell about and people have been reporting it and we have to attend every single report," a spokesman said.

"But at the moment we are not sure if it is natural gas brought up by the earthquake, which can happen, or leaks from pipes."

South East Coast Ambulance Service said one woman in her thirties was taken to hospital in Ashford, suffering from minor head injury and neck pain.

Significant tremor

David Booth of the British Geological Survey said the tremor, which lasted a few seconds, was of a sizeable magnitude.

"It's certainly the largest in the UK since an earthquake in Dudley in the West Midlands in 2002 and that also caused damage."

The British Geological Survey has measured the epicentre as being approximately 8.6 miles (14km) south of Dover, out in the English Channel.

Dr Roger Musson, of the British Geological Survey, said the earthquake was "not exceptionally large" for Britain.

"It's the sort of thing we might have every five years or so."

Dr Musson added that he did not think there would be any further earthquakes following the tremor.

"Going on past experience the last two significant earthquakes that we had in this area were in 1776 and 1950.

"My best guess is that any aftershocks from this earthquake will be only recorded by our instruments and won't be felt by people."

Professor Bill McGuire, director of the Benfield UCL Hazard Research Centre said damaging earthquakes were "rare" but not unknown in the UK, with the Kent region being an area that had experienced them before.

A Eurostar spokesman said everything was running normally in the Channel Tunnel.

Eyewitness Lorraine Muir said: "We've been evacuated by the Sally Army; we've got no gas or electricity."

Paul Smye-Rumsby, who lives in Dover, said: "It was about 08.15 when suddenly the bed shook violently.

"I thought my wife had got cramp or something but then I saw the curtains were moving and the whole house was shaking. It lasted about 1.5 seconds.

"All the power is off and we have got the portable radio on. People are standing outside talking to each other about it."

Paul Hatton, 38, of Folkestone, said he and his brother Neil initially thought the tremor was caused by an explosion.

He said: "I was upstairs and my brother was downstairs and I heard a bang and thought that a lorry had crashed into something or that there had been a gas explosion.

"I went outside and could smell a bit of gas and there were lots of people outside.

"It was quite unusual seeing people coming out of their homes all at the same time. Nobody quite knew what was going on."

Sam Millen, of Folkestone, was at home when the earthquake struck.

She said: "The whole place was shaking just after 8am, the TV was rocking backwards and forwards, alarms going off, lamps smashed onto the floor, and now the small cracks in the house have got a lot bigger."

QUAKES IN THE UK
December 2006 - Dumfries and Galloway (Magntiude 3.5)
September 2002 - Dudley, West Midlands (5.0)
October 2001 - Melton Mowbray (4.1)
September 2000 - Warwick (4.2)
April 1990 - Bishop's Castle, Shropshire (5.1)
July 1984 - Nefyn, north Wales (5.4)
June 1931 - in North Sea near Great Yarmouth (6.1)

©BBC
Terug naar boven
1 Gebruiker leest nu dit topic, onderverdeeld in 1 gast en 0 leden
Er zijn in totaal 27.853 topics, welke bij elkaar 448.363 reacties hebben gekregen.
Leden
We zijn met 11.579 leden.
Het nieuwste lid is philip.beuckels@gmail.com.

Je moet inloggen om je berichten te kunnen lezen.
Dit topic
1 mensen bekijken nu dit topic.

Record
Op 6 december 2010 om 11.29 uur waren er 2.792 mensen tegelijkertijd online op onweer-online!
Stats
Er zijn nu 292 mensen aan het browsen op het forum. 0 Daarvan zijn ingelogd.
Van die 292, lezen 2 mensen het topic "Overstromingen in Oostenrijk".

Sponsors en partners

Actueel op OnweerOnline.nl

Het Winter Discussietopic

Lees en schrijf mee!

Kou in Noord-Europa

Zelfs -44,3 in Finland

Wintervoorspellingen 2023/24

Kunnen we al iets zeggen over de winter?

Wateroverlast

Hoogwater in Frankrijk, Engeland en de Benelux

© 2003 - 2024 onweer-online.nl   |   Alle rechten voorbehouden   |   Algemene gebruiksvoorwaarden